At BrightSky Australia we understand that security and privacy is of critical importance, and we have taken the precautions possible to ensure that when you provide us with your personal information over the phone, your information is processed safely and securely.
The BrightSky webstore and computer systems use industry-standard SLL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology. Our SSL enables up to 256-bit encryption and assures online visitors that confidential information cannot be viewed, intercepted or altered.
BrightSky is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information of clients and customers collected in the course of using BrightSky Services. BrightSky will comply with Australian Privacy Principles.
BrightSky is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) outlined in the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012
, which was introduced to Parliament on 23 May 2012 and was passed with amendments on 29 November 2012. These changes became effective 12 March 2014.
As part of our commitment to your privacy we:
- Collect, maintain and use only personal information about you which is necessary to conduct our product supply services, educational services, direct marketing activities Administration of the National Epidermolysis Bullosa Dressing Scheme.
- Except as noted above, we do not use or disclose personal information we collect for any purpose other than the purposes for which it was provided
- May use personal information collected from you for the purpose of providing you with direct marketing material. You may request not to receive that information by contacting BrightSky Australia. We will respect your request.
- Will keep the information we hold about you secure and up-to-date. Personal information about you is stored on secure computers or in controlled facilities.
- Provide you with access to all the records we hold about you either by providing you with copies of the information you request or allow you to personally inspect your records.
- Will take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we hold about you is kept accurate. If you believe, and you can establish the information we hold about you is not correct, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information.